Some products irreversibly degrade in alkaline conditions (pH >7) and lose activity.
Acidification agent adjust the pH from alkaline to acid which stops alkaline hydrolisis :
- Product stability is maintained (especially if spraying is delayed)
- Spraying efficiency is improved.
The agrochemical keeps its complete efficiency !
Compatibility agents improve the quality of a tank mix.
It facilitates the miscibility of all the components in the tank.
Reducing Drift improves spraying quality.
The finest droplets (< 100 µm) can be dispersed into the atmosphere with negative consequences to product efficacy and neighbouring crops. The biggest droplets run off and fall onto the ground.
An anti-drift adjuvant :
- Reduces the amount of driftable droplets.
This reduces the off-target emissions into the environment.
Humectants help to maintain the spray droplet in a moist form on the target surface.
This process :
- minimises active ingredients crystallization
- and thereby maximises uptake and penetration.